Andrew Peller Ltd.
We are seeking Harvest Interns to join our Grimsby Cellars Team!
Harvest is approximately 3 to 4 months in duration with opportunities in both the Crush Pad and the Cellars.
12-hour continental shift work is required (days and nights).
Our future Harvest Team will participate in training sessions mid-August on a PART-TIME basis and will begin FULL-TIME work at the beginning of September.
- Operating equipment to crush, ferment, and clarify grapes, under the guidance of the Cellar Lead
- HandCrush Pad: dumping grape bins, operating pumps, fermenters, crusher/destemmer
- Cellars: Operating the centrifuge, setting up and operating pumps and transfer lines, flotation unit & yeast rehydrator
- Taking temperatures and samples for laboratory analysis
- Inoculation buildups for fermentation; Adding oak bags to tanks as directed
- Making material additions to juice or wine as directed
- Cleaning and sanitizing of processing equipment as directed
- Promoting a Health & Safety culture by learning & following safe work procedures, working in compliance with EH&S regulations
- Consistently following standard operating procedures to ensure wine quality
- High school diploma
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load on a daily basis
- Communicate effectively and work safely with co-workers
- Ability to lift in excess of 22 kg on a regular basis; standing, climbing, bending and walking
- Substantial attention to detail required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Cellar experience an asset
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Andrew Peller Limited is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications, and employment.