Angels Gate Winery
At Angels Gate Winery, we think of our tasting room and patio restaurant as our home. We take great pride in our surroundings and welcome our guests as we would our friends.
This position is responsible for tasks that focus on leading day-to-day activities in the kitchen, and includes food production, waste control, and ensuring guest and associate satisfaction is achieved while maintaining operating standards.
We are dedicated to working as a cohesive team.
- Understands guest expectations related to food quality and presentation and strives to meet or exceed those expectations and help build guest loyalty
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints in conjunction with the Hospitality Manager
- Completes scheduled inventories, stock levels reports. Prepares requisitions for necessary supplies
- Supports procedures for portion and waste control
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manages inventories according to budget
- Reviews current offerings regularly and develops new menus
- Prepares, cooks, and completes meals, ensuring quality levels are maintained at all times
- Regularly reviews sales and costs of dishes per meal, and makes adjustments as necessary to keep within budget parameters
- Develops and maintains cleaning schedules to ensure work areas (patio restaurant and indoor kitchen) are clean and sanitary. Reports malfunctions with department equipment.
- Complies with all health, safety, and environmental regulations pertaining to assigned tasks and ensures a clean and safe working environment
- Daily cleaning and organizing indoor kitchen and patio kitchen work areas, i.e. sweeping, mopping, garbage disposal
- Completes a full kitchen and patio clean-up at the beginning and end of the season
- Any other duties as assigned by the Hospitality Manager.
- Ability to work with a variety of personality types
- Approaching all tasks with a positive attitude
- Building strong and cohesive relationships with management
- Must be able to multi-task
- Experience in working with youth an asset
- Must clearly understand menu specifications
- Host special events outside the scope of regular business operations
- Identify opportunities, operational improvements and best practices that improve restaurant profitability without sacrificing the guest experience
- Conduct weekly business updates with the Hospitality Manager and course correct as needed
- Ensure the restaurant is complying with employment standards, human rights, health and safety, pest control, alcohol handling, and WHMIS regulations
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Smart Serve certification
- First aid certification is an asset
- 2 to 3 years leadership and strong knowledge in kitchen operations
- Passion for culinary and knowledge of wine and food pairing, service
- Actively pursuing and expanding your wine knowledge, both locally and internationally
- Participating in the AG wine education program.
Operating hours of the Patio Restaurant are 5 days per week, 11 am to 4 pm. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Black-out dates exist for major holidays in the summer season. Patio is open late May to October (weather permitting).
Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold environments. Kitchen is located outdoors.
Must be on time for shifts.
If ill, team member must call the Hospitality Manager’s cell phone, as well as the wine shop to advise.
Shift changes must be approved by the Hospitality Manager.
Requests for specific days off must be submitted in writing to the Hospitality Manager for approval.
Team members must follow the company uniform policy.
Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 18 kg without assistance.
Stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time or for an entire shift.
Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling.
Move over slippery surfaces.