Bayshore Home Care Solutions
ATTENTION: All PSWs within the Stoney Creek, Hamilton & Burlington region! Bayshore Home Care Solutions is currently hiring. If you are looking to secure employment that offers a competitive wage, flexible scheduling and an environment that values and supports our biggest asset – YOU, then please contact us! Candidates must have a current vulnerable sector screening, TB test, a reliable vehicle, and a valid driver’s licence.
We are currently hiring for all areas of the Stoney Creek, Hamilton & Burlington area. 40+ hours available each week – if you are willing to drive! Candidates must be willing to work at least every other weekend.
The Personal Support Worker, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, provides personal care services to clients and assists clients with the activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise, basic wound care, feeding including special diets, and assistance with oxygen administration and medication reminder
- Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
- Observe and document client conditions according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the client’s condition to the immediate Supervisor or to the Office
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Must have reliable vehicle and auto insurance
- PSW certificate from an accredited Personal Support Worker Program
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English; Second language is an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely
- Able to freely lift 23 kilograms
- Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment