Bethesda’s Respite Program, located in Vineland, requires four (4) Full-Time Contract Developmental Support Workers and one (1) Full-Time Contract Night Developmental Support Worker. The duration of these contracts is six (6) months.
Reporting to the Residential Manager, the role of the Full-Time Developmental Support Worker is to provide support to a diverse group of individuals with behaviour and medical needs.
This position will also involve interaction with family members on a regular basis. This position will involve data collection, report writing, and attending meetings.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have education and practical experience applicable to working with people who have developmental disabilities
- Current First Aid, CPR and Safety Care training are also required
- The successful candidate will possess knowledge and experience in the use of behavioural interventions as well as a holistic approach to client support and developmental issues
- Excellent communication skills, time management skills and problem solving skills are recommended for this position
- The ability to work independently as well as with a team of staff is necessary
- Responsibilities will include cooking, cleaning, ensuring client hygiene is maintained, and providing a positive living environment for the client
- Experience in writing reports and accurately tracking client data is required
- Applicants must be able to perform the physical nature of this position and enjoy a fast paced working environment
- A good attendance record is mandatory
- A clean disciplinary record is required
- French/English bilingualism is an asset
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bethesda will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards.