A large local Vineyard operation in Niagara has an immediate opening for an Assistant Vineyard Manager. Working Monday through Saturday the position will offer full time hours throughout the year with extended hours during the summer and harvest season. The right candidate for this position will enjoy working outdoors and be available to work long hours.
- Supervise workers and labour crews so jobs are cost effective, efficient and completed on a timely basis
- Lead and assist with a variety of projects around the vineyard, as required
- Operate farm equipment and tools as needed
- Fall harvesting and hand picking
- Assist with maintenance of equipment
- Ice wine harvest
- Vinifera growing experience
- Viticulture experience
- Supervisory experience
- Growers Pesticide Spray License
- Computer literate
- Committed, willing to learn, strong work ethic
- Truck driving license may be an asset but not necessary
- Safety footwear required
The ideal candidate must be hardworking, self-motivated, able to follow directions and be able to work independently.