A local farm is seeking a General Labourer to assist with the maintenance and welfare of their livestock and barns. This position offers full time hours, 6-8 hours per day with potential for growth.
- Preparation of quota period; blowing dust, feed, water
- Perform Morning, Midday and Evening walk-throughs and follow established routines and processes
- Maintain feed bins daily; monitor and document level and speed of consumption
- Maintain all feed rooms and changing area according to standards
- Property maintenance including grass cutting, trimming and weed control
- Clean and sanitize all barns annually
- Repair any on-sight issues ie: motors, walls, flooring, etc.
- Respond to any alarms anytime of the day
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Be flexible with open availability
- Be physically capable of performing tasks which may include bending, lifting, carrying and climbing
- Able to work in a dusty environment
- Dependable and reliable
- Willing to learn
Successful candidate will job shadow employer and full training, including HACCP will be provided.