Reporting to the Administration Associate, the Immigration Support Clerk will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day business activities and administration for the organization. This position offers full time hours, Monday to Friday.
- Reception - speaking with clients in person, on the phone and by email
- Calendar – managing scheduling of appointments and consultations for staff
- Files - paper and digital file maintenance and database record keeping
- Finance - receive and record payment for services, inform appropriate staff, request refunds from Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Typing - Producing Retainer Agreements, invoices, affidavits, narratives, government forms, and other documents for client signature
- Supplies - maintaining office supplies and information packages
- Verification - postage tracking, doing file follow-ups, making web inquiries to IRCC
- Other - general administration support
The successful candidate possesses at minimum two years experience in client services and business administration.
Additional qualifications include experience with file system management, Microsoft Office, online research and inquiries.
The incumbent is highly organized, has excellent English language ability, well-developed customer service skills, and is detail-oriented.
In addition, the incumbent is a mature team player and is self-directed with the ability to stay focused and prioritize in a busy, sometimes disruptive environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of business best practices and procedures
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and internet research
- Exceptional communication skills, speaking, writing, reading, spelling, grammar, composition
- Self-starter with ability to work independently without supervision
- Organized to plan and execute tasks to affect success of client files, setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to deal with clients and public
- Sensitivity to confidential material and security of client information
- Police record check required
- Knowledge of Canada’s immigration system
- A passion for law and jurisprudence
All candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.