A poultry farm located in Beamsville is seeking a Farm Labourer to assist with the daily operation of the farm. This position is unique as it offers living accommodations in a house located on the property. The ideal candidate will live on-site and be available for the care and maintenance of the farm and property. Days of work are Monday to Friday. The owner will be available on the property on weekends and anytime birds are delivered or shipped out.
Ideally, you will be available to start prior to March so that you can be trained and job shadow the current employee in this position.
Hours of work are part time, 3-4 hours/day working every morning, afternoon and evening. You will also be responsible to respond to any emergencies/alarms as necessary.
While we have livestock, the candidate works 7 days a week for about 5.5 weeks. Thereafter candidate can choose the days they will work until week 10 when the process begins again.
- Perform morning, midday and evening walk-throughs
- Follow established routines and processes
- Monitor barn environment as well as feed and water consumption
- Property maintenance including grass cutting, trimming and weed control
- Clean, sanitize and set up barns on 10 week intervals
- Repair/replace any on-sight issues ie: motors, filters, etc.
- Respond to any alarms anytime of the day on cell phone that will be provided by employer
- Previous knowledge/experience with animal husbandry an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to commit to a 2 year contract; extension to follow