The Sushi Chef is responsible for the day-to-day operations at the on-site kiosk including making sushi and other offerings in compliance with recipes and standards while delivering an exceptional guest experience. This position offers part time, 25-30 hours/week, 5 days a week.
- Follow the prep and production list created by the Manager to plan daily duties
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting fish etc.
- Measure ingredients to be used in production
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as cooking rice
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, rice bowls and sushi
- Provide basic menu information to customers when requested
- Maintain a clean and orderly work station by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are labelled and stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Knowledge of Health and Safety rules in a kitchen considered an asset
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Able to stand for an extended period of time
- NO SUSHI EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – Bento provides all training