Bethesda’s ABA Services requires one (1) Full Time ASD Respite Facilitator. This position will involve working with children who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
These services will include after school programs, preschool groups and Saturday groups for children between the ages of 4-18. This full time position will involve a variable schedule to meet the needs of families.
- Facilitate, which includes planning, preparation and implementation of programs
- Schedule groups throughout the week: Social Skills Group, Pre-School Group, Saturday Recreation Group and Summer Camp
- Provide one on one in-home support to children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Maintain the Autism Spectrum Disorder-Respite Services waitlist
- Resourceful in finding group locations within the Niagara Region
- Maintain good rapport with families, make phone calls and offer respite services
As a member of the Children’s Respite team you will possess a University Degree in psychology or equivalent, and at least three (3) years previous experience working with young children with a diagnosis of ASD. The successful candidate will possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills and will show a proven ability to work independently. Strong time management and demonstration of self-motivation in your work are essential. The successful candidate will show an ability to work professionally with parents and families. The successful candidate will have strong experience developing curriculum, managing waitlists and coordinating services with families. Current First Aid, CPR, and NVCI are required. French/English bilingualism is an asset.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Bethesda will provide upon request accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.