Adult Clinical Services requires one (1) 1.0 Full Time Behaviour Consultant. Working to promote Bethesda’s Vison, Mission, Values, and quality client care, the Behaviour Consultant will work collaboratively with the Clinical Manager, Residential Manager and Direct Support staff to provide direct behavioural intervention within a residential setting supporting individuals who demonstrate complex behavioural challenges. This position will be based out of Niagara supporting one of Bethesda’s residential settings.
- Manage caseload
- Meet with support staff and/or family members for information gathering upon client admission
- Attend community behavioural committee meetings
- Develop Behaviour Assessment Reports and Behaviour Support Plans and evaluation thereof
- Create data collection sheets and monitor client behaviour changes through data collection
- Ensure Behaviour Support Plans are being implemented through reviewing contact notes, observing staff, modeling, and weekly data analysis and adherence checks
- Mediate programming conflicts between families and support agencies
- Provide training to staff, family, caregivers, etc. regarding implementation of Behaviour Support Plans
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology or related Social Science with training in Applied Behaviour Analysis. BCaBA or BCBA preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience working with adults with development disabilities/behaviour challenges
- Member of the Ontario Association for Behaviour Analysis (ONTABA)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- A clean disciplinary and attendance record is mandatory
Bethesda offers staff competitive wages, career advancement, First Aid and Safety Care training as well as an extended healthcare benefit package and enrollment in our HOOPP Pension Plan. We offer employment perks including onsite parking, casual dress and exclusive discounts at various local vendors.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethesda will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.