Bethesda’s Children’s Services require one (1) Full-Time Psychometrist. Reporting to the Children’s Services Manager, this position will work out of the Niagara Family Centre located on Schmon Parkway, Thorold, Ontario, and may be required to work flexible hours and some minor travel may be required.
- Conduct interviews with clients and those within his/her support circle, accessing and reviewing pertinent information to determine and address the specific reason for the referral
- Administration of standardized psychometric measures to answer the specific reason for referral
- Analyze data, be the primary author of reports and letters in consultation with a Supervising Psychologist
- Make recommendations in the best interest of clients
- Review test findings and assist with the implementation of recommendations, as necessary
- Work collaboratively with the existing team and other professionals
- Prepare and present seminars and other trainings
- Attend conferences and other training opportunities to keep abreast of best practices and new research findings
- A Master’s Degree in Psychology is required
- One to Three years’ experience working with children with intellectual disabilities and experience conducting psychometric assessments is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to conduct clinical observations and administer standardized, psychometric testing
- Familiarity with virtual platforms to provide assessments and training
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication (written and oral), analytical, organizational and time management skills
- French/English bilingualism is an asset
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter prior to the closing date to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethesda will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.