Bethesda Community Services Inc. is currently recruiting for three (3) part-time ABA Interventionists. These positions will be based in Thorold, Ontario and travel throughout the region may be required.
The successful applicant will report to the Manger of Children’s Services. This position will provide short term services and supports based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) to families and their children (up to age 18) who have a diagnosis within Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching, teaching and training about Applied Behaviour Analysis and Autism Spectrum Disorders to families/caregivers and community partners
- Conduct assessments and assist with data collection
- Complete Discharge Reports
- Develop program materials
- Facilitate the implementation of various skill building curriculum and program plans, e.g. Triple P, Children’s Friendship Training and PEERS
- Assist with service coordination and provide guidance in regard to accessing other community services
- Liaise between family, caregivers and community partners
- Provide and facilitate educational opportunities for families and community partners
- Experience planning, organizing and facilitating groups for children, parents, caregivers and community partners
- Complete accurate case notes and accounting of time
- Administrative tasks as required including documentation, wait list management and resource development
- Work within a team setting or with minimal supervision and meet the physical demands of the job
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with families, community agencies and professionals
- University Degree in Psychology or equivalent degree program
- Autism and Behavioural Sciences Graduate Certificate is preferred
- 3 years’ experience providing ABA supports to individuals with Autism
- Direct experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Training in Triple P, Children’s Friendship Training and PEERS is an asset
- Preference will be given to those applicants who are a Board certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) in good standing, and have experience providing parent education programs
- Valid G Driver’s License and access to a reliable motor vehicle with appropriate liability insurance
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of community resources
- Bilingual in French would be an asset
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Bethesda will provide, upon request, accommodation to the materials and processes used in the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Integrated Accessibility Standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.