SS Marine requires a mechanic’s helper to join their team. The hours are part time/seasonal to start. Starting ASAP.
Potential for more hours and higher wages after trial period, as the season progresses.
- Provide full service for Boats and RV’s
- Service and repairs to outboards, I/Os and inboard motors
- Replace starters, alternators, water pumps, shift cables, bellows, gimbal bearings etc
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
- Inspect and test systems to diagnose, troubleshoot and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components such as fuel systems, steering , engine and driveline, electrical and electronic systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance service such as oil changes, lubrication and tune ups
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Mechanically Inclined
- Familiar with power and hand tools
- Own transportation is an asset. Depending on location a "ride share" option may be available.
- Steel Toed boots
- Willing to train and guide along the way
- Any experience with boats and/or RV's is an asset
- Friendly and respectful attitude
- Good team player
- Motivated and able to work well independently
- Must be polite and good mannered while working with others and interacting with customers