CannTrust™ is an award-winning, federally regulated licensed cannabis producer, with locations in Vaughan and Niagara, Ontario. We are publicly traded and proudly Canadian, operating a portfolio of well-known brands including CannTrust, Liiv, Synr.g, Peak Leaf and BrewBudz.
At CannTrust, we are committed to providing exceptional customer experience, quality products and consistent, standardized dosing. Our greenhouses produce 95% grade A cannabis flower, which is sold in dried flower, oil and vegan capsule formats. Founded in 2014, our continued success in the medical cannabis market and subsequent expansion into the recreational business, led to us being named Licensed Producer of the Year at the Canadian Cannabis Awards 2018.
Join us in our mission to support our customers and empower our patients to improve their quality of life, by enriching the cannabis experience with the best quality products, educational resources and outstanding service.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate leader with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are a customer-centric leader who has a strong focus on developing the talent on your team through mentorship and leadership. Of course, you are also able to deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
- Assist in determining method of executing daily tasks and required material/equipment
- Assist in resolving problems (lack of productivity, equipment issues)
- Enforce Health & Safety Policies of both CannTrust & Ministry of Labor
- Always looks for ways to improve effectiveness or efficiency, making recommendations to increase productivity in quality of work
- Collaborate with the maintenance team to make sure the grounds and the building are always properly cared for
- Maintain working order of grounds-keeping equipment
- Minor repairs on the lawn care equipment and tools, including vacuuming/spraying of Thrip screen
- Maintain facility’s exterior landscape (weed whack ditches, cut grass, pick up litter)
- Clean exterior exhaust fans
- Maintain clean and organized exterior lunch area
- Sweep (summer) and plow(winter) parking lots to maintain a clean lot
- Salt/de-ice walkways in winter
- Clean exterior entrance ways, walls of buildings and front house, and emptying of exterior garbage cans
- Deep-clean perimeter of greenhouse, clean out gutters, clean glass roof, and clean exterior windows
- Additional duties as assigned
- Customer-centric – always searching for ways to improve service, takes action to resolve (internal or external) customer issues
Performs individual assignments and team tasks in a timely manner
- Follows through on commitments, adheres to deadlines
- Uses good judgement about when to act independently or escalate an issue
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example
- Delivers results while staying aligned with CannTrust Values
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Experience with horticulture considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Greenhouse knowledge considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Availability to work occasional overtime and weekends when required
- Must successfully complete a police background clearance to be eligible for employment with CannTrust
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.