Cave Springs Camp, Retreat, and Conference Centre (CSC)
Cave Spring Camp, Retreat, and Conference Centre is in Beamsville, Ontario. It operates as a day and overnight camp experience for children in July and August, and onsite school programs the rest of the year. We also offer year-round community rental space. The camp has been operating since 1951 and is a not-for-profit registered charity.
The Camp is about 18 acres and includes seven cabins, a pool, two bath houses with showers, several maintenance buildings, an in-house water system, a large septic system and two large conference center buildings with commercial kitchens.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Team Leader.
The team leader has the overall responsibility for the maintenance of the grounds, all buildings, potable water system, septic system, and all other infrastructure on the property.
This is a full-time, hands on position which may have variable/flexible hours based on 30 hours per week. Winter hours may be less. This position reports to the Property Superintendent.
- Supervise seasonal maintenance employees
- Must be familiar with operation of compact tractors, riding mowers along with all other powered and manual grounds maintenance equipment
- Responsible for the upkeep of the grounds including grass cutting and trimming, snow removal and general landscaping
- Site security
- Maintain the pool and related equipment. (Training available)
- Meet with the property Superintendent to report results, prioritize maintenance tasks, obtain scheduled building and property users and review health and safety committee concerns on a regular basis
- Daily maintenance of water and septic system including required testing. (Training available)
- Operate and maintain all maintenance equipment and tools
- Some general cleaning of halls and buildings
- Experience in overall maintenance of a rural property
- WHIMIS, first aid and CPR preferred
- Clean drivers abstract
- Skills should include basic knowledge and experience in carpentry, electrical systems, plumbing, pool maintenance, potable water systems and septic systems
- A current Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
Wages are dependent on ability and experience
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Krystyn Keir, Executive Director at Krystyn.firstname.lastname@example.org