General Labourer (Building & Shop Maintenance) – #4731 -L
Cimcorp Automation Ltd.
Under the co-direction of the Vice President, Finance and Administration as well as the Production Manager, the General Labourer is responsible to assist with general building and shop maintenance involving cleaning and janitorial services, and assisting with shipping and receiving as well as sales order preparation.
Cimcorp is a leading global supplier of turnkey automation for intralogistics that uses advanced robotics and software technologies. As well as being a manufacturer and integrator of pioneering material handling systems for the tire industry, we have also developed unique robotic solutions for order fulfillment and storage that are being used in the food & beverage, retail, e-commerce, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and postal services sectors. In addition, we offer comprehensive customer support services.
With locations in Finland, Canada and the United States, Cimcorp Group has in excess of 400 employees and has supplied more than 2,500 logistics automation solutions in 40 countries across five continents.
At Cimcorp we don’t fill vacancies; we solve our clients’ business challenges by sourcing the best people with the right mix of skills, experience and attitude.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the shop floor. This includes heavy janitorial duties such as cleaning floors as well as moving, organizing, and sorting equipment and materials
- The General Labourer is also responsible for maintaining clean and clear storage areas
- Assist with the preparation of orders by packaging individual parts and equipment and loading this equipment onto trucks in a safe manner
- Respond to employee requests for services required in the office area
- Provide back up support to the shipping/receiving function to assist with large workloads as well as coverage during break and vacation times. This involves performing physical activities in order to load, unload, sort, and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment, in addition to examining outgoing shipping contents and comparing with records
- Assist with the inventory control of consumables
- Responsible for ensuring the shop floor is clear of hazards. This includes reporting hazards to the Production Manager when they are encountered and assisting with the elimination and prevention of these hazards
- Maintain confidentiality of information accessed in accordance with Cimcorp policies and procedures
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities at Cimcorp Automation
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of janitorial/cleaning work methods, supplies and sound safety practices
- Ability to work in a fast past environment and prioritize work accordingly
- Strong organizational skills and ability to sort materials to ease work processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, customers, vendors, partners, and any other potential stakeholders
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and the Internet
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, standards, regulations, public safety and security
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in building and cleaning maintenance; experience in an industrial/engineering/automation industry is preferred
- Minimal travel is required for this position
- Valid driver’s license is a requirement for this position
- Forklift license is preferred
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employee Group Benefits Plan (including health and dental coverage, life insurance, health spending account, long-term disability)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Flexible working hours
- Travel opportunities
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to join one of the largest material handling companies in the world