The Tourism Ambassador will be an active participant in a niche Tourism and Hospitality workforce training and development program. Ambassadors must have a willingness to learn, and the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
TIMELINE: January 2024 March 2024, Monday evenings 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm for ten weeks
RATE OF PAY: $18 per hour for a total of 40 hours
• Mandatory in-person attendance is required for all training workshops.
• Transportation will be a requirement of this role as some training locations will not be located on public transit routes.
*All employees of Civiconnect are expected to follow Company Health and Safety policies, procedures, and work practices at all times, including participating in related training.
The Youth Skills Studio is an integrated learning environment, and no prior experience is required, however, all participants must meet eligibility requirements.
• Enthusiastic about tourism and hospitality
• Interested in developing knowledge of local tourism
• Pride and commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
• Willingness to learn, adapt, and grow within their role
• Passion and enthusiasm for the products, services, and experiences
• Dedication to creating a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for staff and visitors
• Eagerness to lend a helping hand to fellow staff, managers, industry partners, and visitors
Civiconnect receives government funding based on certain eligibility requirements. Please only apply if you meet the following criteria:
• Must be between 18-29 years of age.
• Must be enrolled in a co-op program at a Canadian post-secondary institution
• Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
You will need to provide certain administrative documents if offered employment including:
- Proof of ID (copy of Birth Certificate, Passport, Permanent Resident card).
- Proof of Enrollment letter from Registrar's office.
- Completed TD1 & TD1ON form.
- Direct deposit slip from a financial institution.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org