CMHA - Niagara
CMHA, Niagara is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to promoting mental wellness and to improving the lives of people in its service area who have mental illness as well as their families. CMHA Niagara achieves its mission through a number of programs and services.
CMHA, Niagara is committed to a recovery philosophy which focuses on the potential for people with mental illness to lead full, productive and engaged lives in their communities. The Branch works in partnership with many others who share in the commitment to supporting the broad determinants of health.
The Cook provides clients with nutritious meals and light housekeeping support to aid in their recovery journey and administrative support to the Agency when needed. Nutritional support has been identified as an essential social determinant of health for individual wellness and recovery.
Applicants must be available to work both weekday and weekend hours on a rotating basis during non-traditional operational hours.
- Preparation of meals daily for up to 32 individuals
- Clearing of dining rooms after 6 sittings per day
- Maintaining kitchen area and inventory
- Weekly food ordering, inventory and rotation of stock
- Operating within designated budget restraints
- Laundry and light cleaning duties in client designated areas
- Provide administrative support by filing and answering phones when needed
- Provides support to agency staff by preparing meeting rooms and other clerical duties
- Reporting any risk or dangerous situations to on-site manager or clinical staff
- Certified in Safe Food Handling
- Food Preparation designation and certification; college certificate in kitchen preparation is preferred
- 2 -3 years of related employment experience in the relevant field
- Certified in the following safety courses would be considered an asset: Safety Care, First Aid and CPR and Safe Talk
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle
- Current valid class ‘G’ driver’s licence
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
- Actual life experience and/or lived experience with mental illness or addictions an asset
- Bilingualism would be an asset