Bilingual Technical Support Specialist – #6983 – S
Job Description :
The Bilingual Technical Support Specialist position is an employee home based role that will provide excellent service to our customers leveraging a combination of exceptional communication, comprehension and resolution techniques; is detail oriented and follows established procedures, policies and available tools. The successful candidate is responsible for handling technical calls from/to customers within all Cogeco systems in a timely and professional manner and providing first level technical support for CATV and Internet/VOIP subscribers.
This is a remote, home-based agent work opportunity.
- Provides first level technical support for all Cogeco products (e.g. Cable TV, Internet, Epico, VOIP, TiVo, etc) and answers other types of inbound customer inquiries for all systems
- Takes ownership of providing customized solutions and options while responding to questions or problems that are raised by the customer. Ensuring their inquiry is resolved on the first call
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues using established diagnostics tools and procedures. Escalates customer issues as required
- Responsible for accurate data input using prescribed applications
- Analyses customer requests for special requests, burials and service calls and takes appropriate action
- Identifies area-wide service interruptions for all locations and alerts appropriate staff in a timely manner
- Resolves service discrepancies and credits customer accounts
- Performs off-line duties that directly impact customers and improve the customer’s experience
- Highlights the features and benefits of cable television and broadband services by confidently handling competitive issues with an approach that will incite customers to choose Cogeco as their exclusive service provider
- Make all required efforts to retain customers that express their intent to cancel their subscription or downgrade their services
- Assists with other departmental requests as required and performs special projects as assigned
- As part of their work, employee must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. Employees must comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- When opportunities are present on qualified calls, agent’s expectation is to introduce our products and create leads that will be transferred to our sales team
- Other duties and tasks as required
This is a province-wide (Ontario) remote opportunity.
- High School Diploma required
- Post secondary education preferred
- A+ Certification an asset
Fluently bilingual in both written and oral communication skills in both French and English.
- Contact centre experience preferred.
- 1-3 years experience providing 1st level technical troubleshooting.
- Support in a help desk or call centre environment an asset.
- Strong working knowledge in TCP/IP stack configuration, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, and Apple Mac operating systems.
- Networking and knowledge of routers and cable modems an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of Browser settings and e-mail applications.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Bilingualism (E/F) is required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a winning customer service attitude and professional phone etiquette.
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Detail oriented with the ability to analyze and resolve customer issues.
- Self motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to
contribute to teams.
- Prior telephone service/technical troubleshooting experience and
basic billing knowledge is an asset.
- Must have previous experience working with PCs and demonstrated navigation abilities within a Windows environment.
- General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable, and internet industries is an asset.
- Flexibility required with respect to hours of work as the incumbent may be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7 environment including days, evenings, weekends and general holidays. Hours
of work are subject to change as business needs evolve.
You’ll benefit from:
- Flexibility: yes, we think that what you do matters. At work and at home
- Fun: we laugh a lot, it makes every day brighter
- Discounted services: we provide amazing services to our clients, and you’ll get them at home, because you deserve them
- Rewarding Pay: let’s be honest, everybody likes to make a good salary. We offer attractive compensation packages, and it comes with a great culture
- Benefits: we’ve got you covered
- Career Evolution: join us and we will give you the tools to achieve your career goals!
- Technology: you have a passion for technology? Excellent, we do too. Here, you will manage, influence, play, create, fix, and shape the industry