Employment Advisor / Job Coach – #7024 – S
The continuation of this part-time Employment Advisor position is contingent and based on the Key Performance Indicators set by the annual service contract. The office location for this position will be out of 191 South Service Rd. in Grimsby and the successful candidates will report to the Community Participation/CAREER Connect Supervisor.
- Work with referrals to ensure they actively participate in their employment action plan.
- Share tools and resources with people referred so they may confidently engage in job search activities.
- Identify any barriers to employment and develop individualized plans so that it positively supports the path towards employment.
- Provide on-site job coaching to job seekers as required.
- Liaise with community professionals and employers to market people’s skills.
- Develop strong business relationships with employers in the Niagara Region, including cold calling and drop in’s.
- Willing to travel within the Niagara Region.
- Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of all documentation; in hard copy and electronic file documentation on several electronic platforms.
- Handle confidential data in accordance with agency, funder and legal standards.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of labour market information and resources in the field.
- A Post-Secondary Diploma or University Degree in a related field.
- Experience assisting people who experience employment barriers is an asset.
- All agency mandatory training must be current and must have a clean performance record.
- A valid G. driver's license with no restrictions and must be insurable with agency’s insurance company.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-directed individual with contacts in the community in the private and public sectors that can lead to job placements for people who may be experiencing barriers.
- Ability to work flexible hours that include evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office and Internet, including various virtual platforms.
- Must be able to work co-operatively in a team environment.
Interested applicants are invited to send their letter of interest accompanied by a resume and One Page Profile to:
Human Resources at 191 South Service Road, Grimsby
FAX # 905-309-3595 OR email@example.com
Accessibility accommodations are available for the recruitment process upon request. Accommodation queries should be directed to the Human Resources Department at (905) 563-4115 Ext. 210. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.