Community Supports Services of Niagara (CSSN)
Community Support Services on Niagara (CCSN) is currently seeking full-time summer contracts (35 hours/week for 8 weeks during the months of July & August). We are looking to hire 2 people for the St. Catharines location and 1 person for the Beamsville location.
CSSN is a volunteer based, not-for-profit agency providing comprehensive support services to assist seniors and adults with disabilities to live independently in their homes. Reporting to the Program Manager, the successful candidate will manage the Volunteer Program and aid fundraising events.
- Determine client eligibility for services based on program criteria and make appropriate referrals with client consent
- Assist Program Coordinators in the delivery of services, including such tasks as completing assessments, scheduling rides, assisting with meal and grocery deliveries, assisting with recreational and social programming
- Managing phone inquiries
- Ensuring electronic and hardcopy files are maintained
- Monitor and follow up with client/caregiver/volunteer to determine satisfaction with services and document results
- Maintain confidentiality of client/volunteer information
- Participate as a CSSN team member, promoting the agency and making suggestions for improvements
- Attend meetings and training sessions and maintain current knowledge of client related services and agency policies and procedures
- To maintain a courteous and friendly manner to all persons on the telephone/in person including client, volunteers, other agency personnel and outside agency personnel
- MUST be between the ages of 18-30
- Must possess a valid drivers license and have a car available throughout the workday with a minimum of $1 million liability insurance
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office is an asset
- Have patience, understanding and enjoy helping others
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
Instructions on how to apply:
*Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We foster a work environment that is inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Indigenous people, Francophones, minorities, and people with disabilities.
We appreciate all who express interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Support Services of Niagara (CSSN) will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.