Custom Sign Lab
Custom Sign Lab is a family-owned creative sign building shop that is growing. We take pride in our work and always strive to give our clients unique and creative ways to bring their brand images to life. We specialize in hand crafted signs and also provide high quality printed materials and vehicle graphics.
We are looking to hire a Sign Fabricator. This position is temporary and offers 30-40 hours/week, 4-5 days/week Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.
Working in a sign fabrication capacity, you will be responsible for taking sign renderings and bringing them to life using a range of machines and techniques.
Most signs start on our CNC router (training provided) and then will have varying amounts of finishing including but not limited to: sanding, assembling, painting or laminating.
The ideal candidate will also be comfortable installing signage as part of the installation team. The right candidate could also be trained in (if not already familiar with) large format printing and graphics application.
- Basic carpentry skills including using a tape measure and handheld power tools
- Able to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Prompt and reliable
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Creative problem solving
- Positive attitude
- Previous experience in a fabrication shop (preferably a sign shop but not required)
- Comfortable working at heights on ladders
- High School diploma minimum; preferably job related post secondary