Carpenter Labourer – #6922 – L
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction. To learn more, check out our Cradle to Grave services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
- Install fixtures, cabinets, millwork, trim and suspended ceiling
- Perform finish and trim carpentry work according to plans and specifications
- Drywall and taping when necessary
- Assisting other team members in with completion of modules in different stages of construction when necessary
- Operating light duty shop equipment and hand/power tools to assist in production of volumetric modular buildings
- Collaborate with other carpenters, journeymen, and supervisors to complete projects
- Assisting with document control
- You are able to perform manual labour and lift up to 25 kilograms
- Previous carpentry experience in Modular, Residential or Commercial is required
- Comfortable working indoors in shop conditions
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Strong attention to detail, basic math skills and knowledge of hand tools and automated machinery