We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers to one another and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most exciting projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of professionals with a variety of expertise within pre-construction, construction, and post-construction. To learn more, check out our Cradle to Grave services and hear from our team directly about what a career at EllisDon could look like for you. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
Above all, we are a group of individuals with unique experiences and at EllisDon, we choose to celebrate the strength in our differences, every day. EllisDon’s commitment to Inclusive Diversity is to work together to create an environment where every employee feels safe to be their true and authentic self. Ultimately, EllisDon’s purpose is to provide people with similar values the opportunity to achieve to their full potential; to deliver that opportunity for great careers to one another; and to contribute meaningfully to the community we share with others.
- Weld commonly used metals and alloys of various shapes, sizes, and thicknesses, including HSS, angle, channel, cast metal blocks with welds including vertical up fillet, vertical up groove, and horizontal groove welds
- Fabricates or repairs products according to blueprints, layouts, or work orders by welding metal components together
- Estimates material and labor needed and ensures projects are completed according to work orders
- Work with QA Manager and Weld Supervisor to ensure top quality welds, produce and perform or assist in dimension checks and weld quality tests
- Set up jigs to perform repeatable processes with very tight tolerances
- High school diploma PLUS a welding certification (CWB) preferably to CSA W47.1
- Experience in GMAW, MCAW and FCAW all positions
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in Fitting and Welding trade
- Experience leading a welding team an asset
- Certification to CSA W47.1/W59 an asset
- Transferable CWB structural welding tickets an asset
- Good understanding and knowledge of manufacturing processes – including fabrication