Employment Help Centre
What would it be like to work here?
The Employment Help Centre (EHC) – located in Beamsville, Grimsby and Smithville – is a not-for-profit organization providing a full range of employment services and supports to both job seekers and employers. Funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training & Skills Development, Employment Help Centre continuously strives to provide consistent services while impacting the lives of individuals and building a stronger Niagara West community.
Employment Help Centre can offer:
- Competitive wages
- Employee Benefits
- Employee appreciation programs
- Open and inclusive working environment
The Employment Help Centre is seeking a full-time Employment Advisor for Niagara West. Employment Advisors provide unemployed and underemployed individuals structured and individualized support for conducting successful job search. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Operations and in close contact with the rest of the staff to provide professional employment services to the clientele of the Employment Help Centre in accordance with the policies established by our funders and the Board of Directors.
- Providing employment services to clients through Job Search assistance
- Coaching clients while motivating, encouraging, supporting and reinforcing behaviours to empower them for job search
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of Employment Ontario program as well as OW and EI eligibility criteria and related programs and services
- Providing guidance with constructing a cover letter and resume
- Facilitating group workshops on job search, career development, health and safety, and job maintenance in house and out in the community
- Research information on: labour market trends, job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Maintaining accurate client files, including mandatory documentation and follow up plans with clients to ensure ongoing maintenance
- Liaise with external agencies to facilitate referrals and promote EHC services
- Meet agency and Ministry set requirements and guidelines as well as individual targets
- Other duties as assigned
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the Internet, social media applications, and the ability to use other software applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, bilingual an asset
- Post-Secondary education in employment counselling, social services, social sciences, plus related experience. Community development work or equivalent is an asset
- Driver’s licence with transportation and ability to travel within the Niagara Region
- A clear and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Search (CRC VSS)
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter to email@example.com outlining their skills and qualifications by Monday, October 4th, 2021 at 5pm. Should applicants have any questions throughout the applications process or require an accommodation, please contact Gary Bruce, Executive Director.
This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an Employment Advisor will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; an Employment Advisor may be required to perform other duties.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Executive Director to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.