Employment Help Centre
The Employment Help Centre, located in Niagara West, is seeking a full-time Job Developer. This is a multi faceted position requiring frequent interaction with employers, staff, community agencies and partners. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Employment Services and in close contact with the rest of the staff to provide professional services to the clientele of the Employment Help Centre in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Directors.
Assisting clients: interviewing, assessing, monitoring referred clients as well as working cooperatively with clients and employers to find meaningful employment for the client. The Job Developer will develop training plans, discuss training subsidies with employers, ensure clients are matched with suitable employers and monitor on-the-job placement progress.
- Completing provincially regulated contracts, maintaining client files both on paper and/or electronically
- Perform various administration functions specific to funding contracts
- Dedicated supporter for maintaining quality customer service and meeting standards prescribed by funders and organizational policies and procedure
- Analyze local labour market to determine local employment needs and trends and outreach to employers to identify opportunities in the hidden job market
- Maintain up to date knowledge of EO programs as well as OW and EI eligibility criteria and related programs and services
- Ability to promote the program to prospective employers, participants and community at large
- Develop an employer network within the community to correspond with client skills and abilities
- Cold call introduction of services to employers, and local agencies/school boards
- Other duties as required
- Degree or diploma in social sciences, business, or equivalent related experience in employment counselling
- Over 6 months experience in job development/recruitment, staffing & selection
- Hold a valid driver’s licence, have access to a reliable vehicle and be insured for business purposes, as travel is required
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining their qualifications no later than Wednesday, April 18, 2018 @ 12:00pm.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.