Employment Help Centre
The Employment Help Centre, located in Niagara West, is seeking a full-time Administrative Support Specialist for a maternity leave contract. The Administrative Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Job Development team in assisting clients with interviewing, assessing and finding meaningful employment. The Administrative Support Specialist will assist in the creation of employer job postings; manage EHC’s Job Board; and pre-screen applications. The Administrative Support Specialist will also provide support to the Job Development team in preparing contracts, developing training plans and completing all necessary paperwork for client placements under the guidance of the Job Developer(s). The position will require frequent interaction with each member of the Job Development team, other staff, community agencies and partners, and require both independent and team efforts. The duties will also include completing provincially regulated contracts, maintaining client files both on paper and/or electronically.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Employment Programs and Services and in close contact with the rest of the staff to provide professional services to the clientele of the Employment Help Centre in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Accurate and timely development of Ministry contracts under the direction of the Job Development team
- Preparing and maintaining accurate records and case notes with employers and clients to demonstrate outcomes
- Pre-screening job applications, reviewing cover letters and resumes
- Preparing job postings for job board and managing thereafter
- Maintain confidentiality of client and employer information
- Participate in special events and training programs
- Completing filing accurately and with respects to privacy procedures
- Analyze local labour market to determine local employment needs and trends and outreach to employers to identify opportunities in the hidden job market
- Assist Job Development team in conducting and completing EHC’s quarterly employment forecast survey
- Maintain up to date knowledge of EO programs
- Assist in assessing an employer’s workplace capacity to provide a positive work experience and workplace training and to ensure suitability and safety of placements
- Understand employer staffing needs to determine opportunities, eligibility and suitability of services for the employer and the participant
- Assist in case conferencing with Job Developers and Employment Advisors
- Provide support for the Job Development team and employers in identifying the skills and competencies required to perform the work
- Assist in matching an employer’s workplace needs with a client’s capabilities and develop a training plan
- Assist with facilitating work placements, including volunteer, job test and hire, full time or part time work experience and on-the-job training opportunities
- Assist in identifying workplace training objectives and commitments and financial incentives
- Comply with The Employment Help Centre policies and procedures
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
- Degree or diploma in business administration
- 2-3 years administrative experience
- Experience in job development/recruitment; staffing & selection; employment counselling; community development work; or social services is considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ie. Word, Excel
- Hold a valid driver’s licence, have access to a reliable vehicle and be insured for business purposes
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining their qualifications no later than Monday, October 29, 2018 @ noon.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.