Employment Help Centre
What would it be like to work here?
The Employment Help Centre (EHC) – located in Beamsville, Grimsby and Smithville – is a not-for-profit organization providing a full range of employment services and supports to both job seekers and employers. Funding is managed by Fedcap Canada and provided by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training & Skills Development. Employment Help Centre continuously strives to provide consistent services while impacting the lives of individuals and building a stronger Niagara West community.
Employment Help Centre can offer:
- Competitive wages
- Employee Benefits
- Employee appreciation programs
- Open and inclusive working environment
The Employment Help Centre is seeking a full-time Program & Outreach Facilitator for Niagara West. Program & Outreach Facilitators will work with clientele to facilitate our Power of Possible workshop series. The Power of Possible workshop is a dynamic and innovative program that includes skills for job seeking, self-management tools and a structured, active job search curriculum. Self-esteem objectives are built into every activity. Once clientele are employed the Program & Outreach Facilitator would re-engage with the individual to ensure job retention and offer continued supports over the next 365 days. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Employment Programs & Services and in close contact with the rest of the staff to provide professional employment services to the clientele of the Employment Help Centre in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Facilitate Power of Possible workshop; both in-person and / or virtually (which will include the use of Smart board and other presentation technology)
- Maintain participant engagement throughout the duration of the workshop and ensure that the workshop material is delivered in a way that provides value to all participants
- Coordinate with other departments to include other team members for presentations and / or segments of the workshop
- Send out email reminders to participants with any required materials or additional details, and maintain a record of participant attendance
- Maintaining accurate clients files, including mandatory documentation and follow up plans with clients
- Liaise with external agencies & community partners to facilitate referrals and promote EHC services
- Meet agency and funder set requirements and guidelines as well as individual targets
- Contact clients through multiple methods including phone or email, to obtain employment verification at various milestone check points
- Collect and manage documentation such as banking information, pay stubs, and employer attestations
- Conduct satisfaction survey at various check points throughout the first 365-days of employment
- Assist clients in maintaining employment by assessing client’s needs for retention support and confirm eligibility for financial support
- Assist clients in obtaining work related equipment and/or clothing, at times making purchases on behalf of the client and arranging delivery or pick up
- Gather and submit client receipts for reimbursement of Job Retention Supports and follow up with client to confirm that they have received their payment
- Maintain accurate case notes to document all types of client outreach
- Work as part of a team dynamic to share information and provide client updates to the Employment Advisor and Job Development teams
- Contribute to monthly individual and team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) while managing a challenging workload through prioritization and effective time management
- Work independently within the guidelines of Employment Services
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field such as Social Service Worker, Adult Education, Career Development, Business Administration or related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups to achieve results
- Possess high morals and firm principles to develop personal and/or professional credibility so that values and standards are recognized and modeled by others
- Accurate record keeping, report writing, well organized and sound analytical skills
- Customer service, flexibility, collaboration, team building, impact and influence, relationship building, situational judgment, problem solving
- Good understanding of Employment Standards Act, Health and Safety Regulations, Human Rights Code, and WHMIS
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the internet, social media applications, and the ability to use other software applications
- Community development work or equivalent experience is an asset
- Driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and ability to travel within the Niagara Region
- Comfortable working in office and from home when necessary
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining their skills and qualifications by Friday December 1, 2023 at 4:30pm. Should applicants have any questions throughout the applications process or require an accommodation, please contact Paul Robertson, Executive Director.
This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a Program & Outreach Facilitator will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; a Program & Outreach Facilitator may be required to perform other duties.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Executive Director to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.