Employment Help Centre
What would it be like to work here?
The Employment Help Centre (EHC) – located in Beamsville, Grimsby and Smithville – is a not-for-profit organization providing a full range of employment services and supports to both job seekers and employers. Funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training & Skills Development, Employment Help Centre continuously strives to provide consistent services while impacting the lives of individuals and building a stronger Niagara West community.
Employment Help Centre can offer:
- Competitive wages
- Employee Benefits
- Employee appreciation programs
- Open and inclusive working environment
A Job Developer working with Employment Help Centre will always maintain a high level of professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to support the needs of Clients and Employers. The Job Developer will employ employing core values of Customer Service, Integrity, Community, Empowerment and Partnerships.
The Job Developer will be responsible for assisting clients: interviewing, assessing, monitoring referred clients as well as working cooperatively with clients and employers to find and retain meaningful employment for the client. The Job Developer will develop training plans, discuss training subsidies with employers, ensure clients are matched with suitable employers, monitor on-the-job placement progress and promote successful retention of employment. The position will require frequent interaction with employers, other staff, community agencies and partners, and require both independent and team efforts. The duties will also include completing provincially regulated contracts, maintaining client files both on paper and/or electronically.
- Maintain up-to-date Local Labour Market Information and opportunities within the hidden job market
- Promote the program to prospective employers, participants and community at large
- Client advocacy and create potential work opportunities for participants
- Oversee work placements, job trials, full time or part time work placements
- Negotiate work placement agreements and contracts
- Support positive Job Retention outcomes for job seekers through regular follow-ups and recognition at each milestones achieved
- Administer payments of financial incentives, training incentives and supports
- Maintain case notes with employers and clients to demonstrate outcomes
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
- Degree or diploma in social sciences, business, or equivalent related experience in employment counselling
- Over 6 months experience in job development/recruitment, staffing & selection
- Hold a valid driver’s licence, have access to a reliable vehicle and be insured for business purposes, as travel is required
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter via this posting outlining their qualifications by Friday, June 4th, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon). Should applicants have any questions throughout the applications process or require an accommodation, please contact the Executive Director, Gary Bruce at email@example.com
This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a Job Developer will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; a Job Developer may be required to perform other duties.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Executive Director to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.