Resource Advisor – #6930 – A
Employment Help Centre
What would it be like to work here?
The Employment Help Centre (EHC) – located in Beamsville, Grimsby and Smithville – is a not-for-profit organization providing a full range of employment services and supports to both job seekers and employers. Funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training & Skills Development, Employment Help Centre continuously strives to provide consistent services while impacting the lives of individuals and building a stronger Niagara West community.
Employment Help Centre can offer:
- Competitive wages
- Employee Benefits
- Employee appreciation programs
- Open and inclusive working environment
The Employment Help Centre is seeking a full-time Resource Advisor for Niagara West. As a Resource Advisor, you would be required to provide unemployed and underemployed individuals with assistance and support in the Resource & Information Area. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Mgr. of Employment Programs & Services and in close contact with the rest of the staff while providing professional employment services to the clientele of the Employment Help Centre.
- Provide information to clients on the resources and services available through EHC, EO programs and services, and supports in the community for individuals and employers
- Co-ordinating and initiating a local referral program to connect job seekers with local resources in preparation for job interviews and/or employment
- Assist with computer usage, access to internet based services and office equipment (phone, copier, and fax) to support job search
- Conduct client intakes and needs assessments to direct individuals to the service components that best meet client needs and make appropriate referrals to other community resources if necessary
- Ability to travel between EHC sites in the event that Resource Advisor coverage is required
- Maintain current and relevant resources (information , brochures) for clients in the Resource and Information area
- Maintain job boards in resource area: post new jobs and take down filled or cancelled job orders
- Answer all incoming phone calls and e-mail inquiries and redirect as necessary
- Participate in special events (job fairs) and training programs
- Applicants follow up calls for non-clients
- Other duties as required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the Internet, Social Media applications, and the ability to use other software applications.
- Experience and/or education in an employment related agency, social services or consulting
- Driver’s license with transportation and ability to travel within the Niagara Region
- Thorough knowledge of Employment Ontario programs
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter outlining their skills and qualifications by Wednesday, May 12th at 12:00pm (noon). Should applicants have any questions throughout the applications process or require an accommodation, please contact Gary Bruce, Executive Director email@example.com. This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an Resource Advisor will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; an Resource Advisor may be required to perform other duties.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Executive Director to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.