Enertec Engineering is a leading Mechanical Engineering company specializing in energy consulting, hydronic heating and process piping. Since our establishment in 2003, Enertec has provided quality services to our diversified clients within the greenhouse, bio-energy and industrial markets.
The Territory Sales Representative is the primary contact and end-to-end account manager for clients and will be responsible for the business relationship between Enertec and the customer. This person will also maintain the relationship with existing clients and look for opportunities to deepen the business relationship with them. The ideal candidate will have technical sales experience, be comfortable with technical conversations, and leverage technical knowledge to discover additional sales opportunities.
The duties of the territory sales representative will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Use a consultative and relationship-based sales approach to establish, build, and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers within an assigned territory/market segment to generate new business (products, services) through calls, site visits, trade shows, etc.
- Explore opportunities for additional sales opportunities with existing clients by leveraging technical expertise, discovery meetings, and/or site visits
- Prepare clear, detailed, and effective sales quotes by using proprietary software, MS Office, vendor and utility company resources in a timely manner
- Use territory and market analysis, internal resources, and product knowledge to plan, organize and present personal sales strategy highlighting return on time invested for territory/segment
- Create, manage, and execute customer value plan for existing and new customers by coordinating sales efforts with management, marketing, logistics, accounting, and technical groups using accounting and other internal software
- Take personal initiative to keep up to date on products, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities through trade and industry publications, vendor resources, seminars, and any other relevant market analysis tools to be seen by customers as a go-to resource
- Resolve customer problems and complaints, and expedite to management by providing oral and written reports regarding customer needs, problems, and desired solution/timeline, and follow-up post-resolution to ensure client satisfaction
- Upon completion of project delivery, request/obtain client testimonials to build and maintain an inventory of successful projection completions to be leveraged as future case studies
- Degree/Diploma in Business, or Sales and Marketing with technical product experience; or
- Engineering Technology Diploma/Degree in Engineering with client-facing sales experience
- Sales and business development experience in HVAC, greenhouse, engineering fields preferably with technical familiarity of industrial scale heating and cooling systems
- Track record of successfully growing, expanding business relationships with clients, looking for additional opportunities with a client base, and driving market/territory expansion
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers with a focus on negotiating and closing current and future business opportunities
- Diligent at communicating and sharing information with technical team, and updating CRM with information gained through discovery process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to climb ladders and visit roof tops, if necessary
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule