Fifty Point Conservation Authority
Fifty Point Conservation Authority invites you to join our team this summer and contribute to the environment and your community.
Life in the outdoors is always fun and our conservation areas are preparing for their 2022 operations. This is your year to learn about Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) and to make a contribution to its success. We have a variety of opportunities to choose from at our conservation areas/parks/facilities for students, seniors and adults, including Grounds Maintenance, Custodial and Security.
Work in a fun, outdoor environment. We offer training for all positions. The majority of our openings are full-time seasonal positions for the summer and applicants must be available to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and holidays as required & scheduled as these are some of our busiest days for the public.
If you enjoy working with people, are active and outgoing, please review the opportunities listed below that we have available at our conservation area and apply via email. Resumes are now being accepted, so apply today! All staff (both new & returning) will be required to attend a mandatory orientation/training session and complete on-line training modules.
Note: These positions are following compliance with the Hamilton Conservation Authority vaccination policy.
Maintenance staff are required, with various levels of skills & experience. These positions assist in the maintenance of the grounds/beach areas, including collecting litter, cleaning washrooms, cutting grass, operating small power equipment including weed whips, leaf blowers, and pressure washers. This position will also require a valid G driver's license. Starting rate is minimum wage.
Licensed Security Staff
Security staff are required at Fifty Point and additional duties such as grounds maintenance, janitorial and other jobs as required are part of the position. The majority of work is evenings/nights & daytime shifts. Applicants must possess their private security license as mandated by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services and previous work experience is an asset. Wage is $17.00/hr.
Fifty Point is seeking Janitorial/Custodial/Cleaner to immediately join our team. You will be responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly environment and duties would include cleaning floors, showers, washrooms, windows and removing garbage. In addition to cleaning duties, as a Janitor, you will do light maintenance help and many other diverse tasks that make the position different every single day. Starting rate is minimum wage.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NEW & RETURNING SUMMER EMPLOYEES
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- If you are currently away at school, a telephone interview may be arranged
- Please ensure that you have indicated a contact number. We also ask that you include an email address if you have one
- Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any require accommodations in advance
- A Social Insurance Number will be required at the time of hire
- A void cheque or a direct deposit form completed by your bank for payroll purposes will also be required upon hire
- You must return all required paperwork & online safety training to the park where you have been hired by the first day of work; otherwise you will not be able to start
Applying is easy! Please email your resume to:
Fifty Point Conservation Area
ATTN: NANCY ARNOLD