Fleming Chicks Ltd.
Fleming Chicks Ltd. is actively seeking a Driver/Helper. This position offers full time hours. Delivery days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Note: schedule can involve Wednesdays and Saturdays as required. Start time is usually 6 or 8am to maximum of 13 hours.
- Delivery of chicks to farms and other hatcheries
- Animal Welfare Training to Maple Lodge Standards
- Cleaning and sanitation of trucks and equipment
- Pickup of eggs from farm and other hatcheries
- DZ license
- Must understand and be concerned to ensure Animal Welfare Policies
- Work with live poultry at hatcheries and farms
- Will be trained for specialty equipment involving trucks and tailgates
- Record of a clean CVOR/Abstract
- Practice personal safety and safety of other employees
- Must be team leader; a Helper is present for deliveries
- Lifting, bending, pushing, pulling of racks, buggies and stacks of chickens
- Must be in good physical condition
- Customer service with a professional manner with customers
- Proactive truck verification for truck safety inspections
- Documentation for deliveries and records as SOP program outlines
Wage starts at $18.66 and after 3 months at $19.93 with a full time rate at 20.76/hr.
Generous Benefit program start at 3 months. RSP starts at 1 year.
Time and a half after 44 hours. Paid Weekly.