Glen Elgin Vineyard Management
Glen Elgin Vineyard Management was started in the mid-nineties, as a response to the demand for premium quality vineyard management services in the Niagara grape and wine industry.
Glen Elgin specializes in ultra premium vineyard services to provide the high-quality fruit needed. Situated in Jordan Valley we are a short distance from St. Catharines, Grimsby, Welland and service local vineyards throughout the Niagara region.
Why work for us?
In the Vineyard management services; servicing local vineyards around the Niagara Region; it can be very rewarding watching the vineyards from a dormant state to fully bloomed grapes & fruit. You can be a part of what is really behind that bottle of wine.
· The successful candidate will enjoy the outdoors, has been exposed or has experience working on a farm
· Operating vineyard equipment across various farms
· Assisting with a variety of projects around vineyard, as required when not driving; including pruning, tying, suckering, shoot thinning, Tucking, Leaf Removal, Fruit thinning, custom hand harvesting
· Equipment services include Pre-pruning, brush sweeping & chopping, up hilling, manure spreading, Mowing & Fertilizing, Mechanical suckering, In-row & Under vine cultivation, Seeding, Leaf Removal, Hedging, Canopy spraying + fertilizer & Machine harvesting
· Maintenance & general clean-up of equipment and machinery
· Dawn to dusk hours Monday- Friday; Saturday’s part days, apart from altered hours due to certain weather conditions; Expect to have long durations outside
· Longer work hours are expected and necessary during busy harvest times
· Candidates will require their own transportation, CSA approved safety boots or shoes and appropriate work wear
· Must possess a Class DZ driver’s licence and have experience operating a truck with air brakes
· Must be hard working, self-motivated, able to follow directions and be able to work independently