Glen Elgin Vineyard Management
Glen Elgin Vineyard Management was started in the mid-nineties, as a response to the demand for premium quality vineyard management services in the Niagara grape and wine industry.
Glen Elgin specializes in ultra premium vineyard services to provide the high-quality fruit needed. Situated in Jordan Valley we are a short distance from St. Catharines, Grimsby, Welland and service local vineyards throughout the Niagara region.
Available Job Types: Full-time, Part-Time, Permanent
- The successful candidate will enjoy the outdoors, has been exposed to and has experience working on a farm
- Solid working knowledge of operating large farm equipment and potentially heavy machinery
- Previous Grape Harvester or Grain Harvester operating experience a big asset
- Maintenance & general clean-up of equipment and machinery
- Between dawn and dusk hours as needed, Monday- Friday, Saturday’s part days, apart from altered hours due to certain weather conditions
- Expect to be working out of doors during the harvest season
- Longer work hours are expected and necessary during busy harvest times
- Opportunity to operate other farm machinery during lulls in harvest as desired
- Candidates will require their own transportation, CSA approved safety boots or shoes and appropriate outside work wear
- Possessing a Class DZ driver’s license an asset, current “Experience Letter” required
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be hard working, self-motivated, able to follow directions and be able to work independently
- Good communication skills to relay necessary harvest information between head office and customers.
Why work for us?
In the Vineyard management services; servicing local vineyards around the Niagara Region; it can be very rewarding watching the vineyards from a dormant state to fully bloomed grapes & fruit.
In joining our team here at Glen Elgin, you can be a part of what is really behind that bottle of wine.