Student Vineyard Labourer – #7085 – L
Glen Elgin Vineyard Management
Glen Elgin Vineyard Management was started in the mid-nineties, as a response to the demand for premium quality vineyard management services in the Niagara grape and wine industry.
Glen Elgin specializes in ultra premium vineyard services to provide the high-quality fruit needed. Situated in Jordan Valley we are a short distance from St. Catharines, Grimsby, Welland and service local vineyards throughout the Niagara region.
Why work for us?
In the Vineyard management services; servicing local vineyards around the Niagara Region; it can be very rewarding watching the vineyards from a dormant state to fully bloomed grapes & fruit. During your employment you will learn about grape growing, integrated pest management and best practices for vineyards. You can be a part of what is really behind that bottle of wine.
· Duration 2-3 months
· Weeding, vine tucking, trellis maintenance and leaf pulling
· Dawn to dusk hours Monday- Friday. Saturday’s part days, apart from altered hours due to certain weather conditions
· Expect to have long durations outside, especially during busy harvest times
· Suitable footwear and clothing for changing weather environments
· No special education or experience is required
· Training is provided