Glen Elgin Vineyard Management
Glen Elgin Vineyard Management was started in the mid-nineties, as a response to the demand for premium quality vineyard management services in the Niagara grape and wine industry.
Glen Elgin specializes in ultra premium vineyard services to provide the high-quality fruit needed. Situated in Jordan Valley we are a short distance from St. Catharines, Grimsby, Welland and service local vineyards throughout the Niagara region.
Why work for us?
In the Vineyard management services; servicing local vineyards around the Niagara Region; it can be very rewarding watching the vineyards from a dormant state to fully bloomed grapes & fruit. You can be a part of what is really behind that bottle of wine.
- The successful candidate will enjoy the outdoors, has been exposed or has experience working on a farm
- Operating vineyard equipment across various farms
- Assisting with a variety of projects around vineyard, as required; including pruning, tying, suckering, shoot thinning, tucking, leaf removal, fruit thinning, custom hand harvesting
- Equipment services include pre-pruning, brush sweeping & chopping, up hilling, manure spreading, mowing & fertilizing, mechanical suckering, in-row & under vine cultivation, seeding, leaf removal, hedging, canopy spraying + fertilizer & machine harvesting
- Maintenance & general clean-up of equipment and machinery
- Dawn to dusk hours Monday- Friday. Saturday’s part days, apart from altered hours due to certain weather conditions. Expect to have long durations outside.
- Longer work hours are expected and necessary during busy harvest times
- Candidates will require their own transportation, CSA approved safety boots or shoes and appropriate work wear
- Must possess a minimal Class “G” driver’s license and have experience operating a farm tractor
- Must be hard working, self-motivated, able to follow directions and be able to work independently
- Training is provided