Greenbelt Academy & Early Learning Centre
Greenbelt Academy and Early Learning Centre is in search of a self-motivated, passionate, and nature loving Registered Early Childhood Educator to fill the position of Early Childhood Educator at our Grimsby, Ontario location. Please visit our website at www.greenbeltacademy.ca for more information about our school and what programs we offer our community.
Mission: Education rooted in nature to inspire in our students a deeper connection to the community around them.
Vision: Every child is given the opportunity to learn about their world through daily access to extended time in nature. Quality educators facilitate an emergent curriculum that reflects the needs of the whole child and meets the demands of the world in which we live.
Our preschool provides participants with a nature immersion experience guided by qualified Educators while onsite in our enriched learning environment, or while we access the local parks and forests in our community.
The successful candidates objectives include but are not limited to:
- Being familiar with and supporting the Forest School Canada’s guide https://childnature.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/FSC-Guide-1.pdf FOREST AND NATURE SCHOOL IN CANADA: A Head, Heart, Hands Approach to Outdoor Learning
- Being familiar with and supporting “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario's Pedagogy for the Early Years”
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques
- Demonstrates an above and beyond commitment to the development and safety of children in our care, and is familiar with and comfortable facilitating an environment that support Risky play as described in the FOREST AND NATURE SCHOOL IN CANADA: A Head, Heart, Hands Approach to Outdoor Learning guide
- Shares in the responsibility for planning, preparing and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each
child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
- Participates and/or leads in the ongoing learning and development of children through lesson planning, attendance, and other documentation
- Works in a collaborative and team-oriented manner, and maintains regular and open communication with partnered educators and all other team members
- Enthusiasm working with children outdoors in all weather
- Builds and maintains appropriate relationships with parents and supports an open environment of communication regarding their child’s day
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Preschool Programs
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children aged 18 months-6 years old
- Experience communicating with parents through various mediums
- Knowledge and/or a passion for environmental education, and an understanding of the benefits of providing children with regular access to nature, will be seen as an asset
- Early Childhood Education diploma or provincially recognized equivalent Certified Early Childhood Assistant, Worker or Supervisor Level is considered an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR
- Current (with in 6 month) vulnerable sector Police Record Check
- Food Handler Certification
Pay rate: $19/ hr (including $2/hr Wage Enhancement Grant) plus Full Health Benefits after 3 month probation period.
Employment type: Full time, 37.5 hrs./week