Short Term Educator – School Aged Programs – #7393 – S
Greenbelt Academy & Early Learning Centre
Greenbelt Academy & Early Learning Centre is looking to fill a temporary 2 week position of Short Term Educator – School Aged Children. Hours of work are Monday- Friday, 7.5 hours/day minimum (please arrive 10 minutes early), including a ½ hour unpaid break. You must be available full time from January 21- February 7, 2022. This is a short term (2 week) contract that could lead to more permanent opportunities at Greenbelt Academy and Early Learning Centre in the future.
- Reading and facilitating the pedagogy as described in the Forest School Canada’s guide (https://childnature.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/FSC-Guide-1.pdf) FOREST AND NATURE SCHOOL IN CANADA: A Head, Heart, Hands Approach to Outdoor Learning
- Recognizing and responding to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques
- Demonstrating an above and beyond commitment to the development and safety of children in our care
- Ensuring that you are familiar with and comfortable facilitating an environment that supports Risky play as described in the FOREST AND NATURE SCHOOL IN CANADA: A Head, Heart, Hands Approach to Outdoor Learning guide
- Plan, prepare, and implement stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- Participates and/or leads in the ongoing learning and development of children through lesson planning, attendance, and documentation
- Work in a collaborative and team-oriented manner, and maintain regular and open communication with partnered educators and all other team members
- Enthusiasm with working outside in ALL weather
- Perform other duties as requested by Director
- Build and maintain appropriate relationships with parents and support an open environment of communication regarding their child’s day
- Adhering to and enforcing all COVID-19 precaution requirements as set out by Niagara Public Health and the Ministry of Education
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children aged 4-7 years old
- Experience communicating with parents through various mediums
- Knowledge and/or a passion for environmental education, and an understanding of the benefits of providing children with regular access to nature, will be seen as an asset
- Early Childhood Education diploma or provincially recognized equivalent. Certified Early Childhood Assistant/Worker, EA, OCT, or student working toward these qualifications.
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR
- Current (within 6 month) vulnerable sector Police Record Check