Grimsby and District Chamber of Commerce
Reporting directly to the Grimsby & District Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Director, the Communications & Administrative Assistant will provide general Administrative Support to the Chamber and execute the organization’s Marketing and Events Communications.
This position is ideal for an enthusiastic, highly organized applicant who will maintain and grow the Chamber’s communications program, create content, and support event planning and chamber promotion. As a key member of the chamber team, you will be coordinating with members, stakeholder organizations, and local businesses, with the goal of increasing member engagement and growing the membership base. Strong organizational and consistently positive communication skills are vital to success in this role.
The Grimsby Chamber team is small but dynamic, with a flexible and learn-together environment where new ideas and fresh perspectives are welcome.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, for a period of 7 months, beginning as soon as possible. Opportunity to balance in-office and virtual work environments.
Assist the Executive Director with the ongoing execution of the Rapid Antigen Screening kit program (training provided):
- Distribute Rapid Antigen kits to participating businesses
- Monitor and respond to inquiries from businesses
- Track results and submit weekly reports through the government portal
- Draft program update communications to participating businesses
- Track kit inventory
Assist the Executive Director with chamber administrative duties, including, but not limited to the following:
- Update membership and prospect rosters
- General office duties (filing, organization, etc.)
- Research programs and new technologies for potential chamber use (eg: CRM)
- Review existing policies and procedures, and document gaps
- Research chamber accreditation requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Communications & Events Duties:
- Research, develop, and implement media and communications content including social media, electronic newsletters, and event promotional materials; a critical component of maintaining a communications strategy will include sustaining the branding and increasing the engagement of the Grimsby Chamber social media presence on Facebook and Instagram, and exploring expansion to other platforms
- Website maintenance and content updates, page creation as needed
- Event planning and support
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong written and oral communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram (Twitter an asset)
- Knowledge of Canva and basic graphic design a strong asset
- WordPress experience is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- A valid driver’s license, and access to an insured and reliable vehicle for work-related travel
- Experience in marketing, business, or office administration an asset
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, College degree or enrolment in marketing, business, or office administration courses an asset
- The role currently requires working in office and remotely with the majority of the time spent working on a company laptop
- The role requires consistent and extensive attention to detail and accuracy when dealing with confidential membership and chamber information
- Work hours will be as designated by the Executive Director; time spent outside of routine office hours to attend events may be required and will be compensated at an hourly rate
- The role may involve standing for extended periods of time at special events/marketing presentations
Posting Closes: August 19, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, beginning August 15. Position may be filled prior to Posting Close Date.
Only resumes submitted to The Employment Help Centre will be considered.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The Grimsby & District Chamber of Commerce is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations.