Retail Coordinator – #7992 -A
Grimsby Benevolent Fund (GBF)
The Grimsby Benevolent Fund (GBF) Community Services’ mission is to meet our clients’ basic needs and promote wellness throughout our community, while providing a safe and rewarding environment for our board, staff, and volunteers.
GBF’s Retail Store is the main source of revenue for our organization; its success is a key determinant of the size of investment we can make in the community’s wellbeing.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Retail Store.
- Set up and implement systems to manage intake, sorting, merchandising, pricing and sale of donated items.
- Ensure goods and services produced meet or exceed GBF's quality standards.
- Be a positive, professional, leadership role model for all employees, volunteers, donors, clients, and/or customers.
- Participate in relevant professional and marketing events as a representative of GBF.
- Participate in retail impact goal development, target setting, and implementation of retail objectives.
- Ensure all Retail Store goals, targets and milestones are completed on time and within budget.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Volunteer Staff program.
- Ensure Workplace Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Ensure proper merchandise pricing, branding, restocking and inventory is conducted.
- Maintain housekeeping of the Store and surrounding areas-internally and externally.
- Engage in ongoing training to attain advanced skills in the application of Microsoft Office and other applications as required.
- Be CPR and First Aid trained.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Available to work Thursday and Friday evenings and Saturday on a rotation basis.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity, promoting GBF Community Service's community spirit and mission.
- Work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Take the initiative to continually improve GBF's level of service.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain strong professional, interpersonal verbal and written communications at all times.
- Adhere to all GBF policies and procedures and ensure others do the same.