Grimsby Chamber of Commerce
Reporting directly to the Grimsby & District Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support to the Chamber and coordinate all aspects of the chamber’s Rapid Antigen Screening kit program. As a member of the chamber team, you will be coordinating with both chamber staff, vendors, and local businesses. Strong organizational and consistently positive communication skills are vital to success in this role. This position is ideal for an enthusiastic, highly organized applicant. The Grimsby Chamber team is a small but dynamic, with a flexible and learn-together environment where new ideas and fresh perspectives are welcome.
Hours of work: 14 hours per week, for a period of 12 weeks, beginning January 31, 2022, if possible. Opportunity to work split shifts between in-office and a virtual setting.
- Assist the Executive Director with the ongoing execution of the Rapid Antigen Screening kit program (training provided):
- Distribute Rapid Antigen kits to participating businesses
- Monitor and respond to inquiries from businesses
- Track results and submit weekly reports through the government portal
- Follow up with participating businesses for missing or incomplete results
- Draft program update communications to participating businesses
- Track kit inventory
- Assist the Executive Director with chamber administrative duties, including, but not limited to the following:
- Update membership and prospect roster
- General office duties (filing, organization, etc)
- Research programs and new technologies for potential chamber use (eg, CRM)
- Review existing policies and procedures, and document gaps
- Research chamber accreditation requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong written and oral communications
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven ability to meeting deadlines
- Highly organized
- Experience in marketing, business, or office administration an asset
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma
- College degree or enrolment in marketing, business, or office administration courses an asset
Posting Closes: January 31, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Position may be filled prior to Posting Close Date.
Only resumes submitted to The Employment Help Centre will be considered.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The Grimsby & District Chamber of Commerce is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations.