Early Childhood Educator (RECE) -# 6898 – S
Grimsby Co-operative Preschool
The Early Childhood Educator (ECE) is responsible for the supervision and management of the classroom in accordance with the philosophy of the Preschool. The principle duties included ensuring the safety and well-being of the children, carrying out the Early Years Curriculum, evaluating effectiveness of curriculum planning, maintaining regular communication with parents, staff and Board of Directors and contributing to the overall effective operation of the Preschool.
- Two-year Early Childhood Education (ECE) Diploma or equivalent approved by the provincial licensing process
- Registered with the College of Early Childhoods Education
- Current Criminal Reference/Vulnerable Screening Check
- Current First Aid & Child CPR certificate that is recognized by WSIB
- Current Health Certificate & Immunization Records
- Knowledge of the Provincial Child Care and Early Years Act
- Two written child care references
- Experience working with children and volunteers an asset
- Patience, dedication, energy, enthusiasm and caring attitude
- Ability to work co-operatively with others in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all situations
- Ability to carry/lift children, and carry/lift moderately heavy items
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required
- Medical required by local health department
Position for Program Staff is:
- Part time 10-25 hrs a week pending enrolment of children in the Preschool
- Must be available between the hours of 8:45 am to 3:15 pm
- 10 months of the year September to June
- Working in a classroom with another ECE to a maximum of 16 children
- May be providing support to a specific child as deemed required and as funding exists.
Please send information to the address below or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only those who are selected for an interview will be replied to.