Drive for Excellence
Grimsby Hyundai is an award-winning dealership that is the one stop shop for all your vehicle’s needs. We pride ourselves on our friendly guest service and give that little extra to show how valuable our guests are to us!
Part of the Performance Auto Group, a leading automotive group, we are committed to integrity, believe in employee empowerment, passionate about innovating, care about a great guest experience and giving back.
Grimsby Hyundai is looking for team oriented, hardworking Service Apprentice to join their team. The ideal candidates will have strong work ethics and a willingness to learn and succeed. In this role, you will assist in examining customer vehicles and recommend service.
You will also assist in diagnosing and repairing vehicles and ensure the shop is clean and tidy, and assist assigned Licensed Automotive Technicians with other duties as required. This position will report to the Service Manager.
You have a small town community heart and are driven to succeed in a fast paced work environment. Grimsby Hyundai is an engaging, fun and highly diverse team that works patiently and cohesively together to achieve our team goals. You are an exemplary team player with a strong willingness to learn and develop in the retail automotive industry while showing the care that makes us stand out. We look forward to having you on board!
Here’s what you’ll deliver:
- Assist with diagnosing and repairing vehicles to Hyundai specifications
- Provide customer service by examining vehicles and recommend needed service
- Ensure all required parts for a repair process are obtained
- Ensure shop is clean and tidy and assist Licensed Automotive Technicians when required
- Follow dealership and manufacturer service guidelines
- Minimum 1 year of automotive dealer experience
- 1st year or higher Apprentice
- Previous brand experience is considered asset, however not necessary
- Ability to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Mechanical aptitude and interest
- Must be team oriented, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Must possess a Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license with clean driving record
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and succeed
- Follows dealership and manufacturer service guidelines
- Proven knowledge and experience with automotive mechanical operations
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Must be team oriented and hardworking
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent management support and guidance
- Opportunities through our Internal career mobility program
- Access to health, dental and vision insurance
- Disability, critical illness and life insurance for the unexpected
- Our Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) for you and your family's wellness
- Discount on vehicles, service and parts for you and your family
- Discounts to retailers and service providers across the country
- Free and engaging employee events
- Did we mention we love giving back to our communities?
Performance Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Performance Auto Group welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided during all parts of the selection process if requested.