Grimsby & Lincoln Chambers of Commerce
The Lincoln and Grimsby Chambers of Commerce are both in need of a Communications & Events Assistant to work a split role between the two organizations. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic person to work the 2 offices to provide support to both Executive Directors.
This position requires someone who can support both Chambers while really ensuring each office has their “own voice” when it comes to events, marketing and networking.
- Research, develop, and implement media and communications content including social media, electronic newsletters, and event promotional materials; a critical component of maintaining a communications strategy will include sustaining the branding and increasing the engagement of the Grimsby Chamber and Lincoln Chamber social media presence on Facebook and Instagram, and exploring expansion to LinkedIn
- Website maintenance and content updates, page creation as needed
- Event planning and support
- Administrative duties including Excel roster updates, filing, printing, office reception, etc.
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Business Administration / Communications / Marketing or similar field of study or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge in Canva and other graphic design platforms an asset
- WordPress experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- A valid driver’s license, and access to an insured and reliable vehicle for work related travel
- The role currently requires working remotely with the majority of the time spent working on a company laptop; the expectation is that in-person work at the Chamber office will resume at least one day per week in each office
- The role requires consistent and extensive attention to detail and accuracy when dealing with confidential membership and chamber information
- Work hours will be as designated by the Executive Director, time spent outside of routine office hours to attend events may be required and will be compensated at an hourly rate
- The role may involve standing for extended periods of time at special events/marketing presentations
All interested applicants are asked to apply with cover letter and resume. Interviews will be provided on an ongoing basis and will begin immediately.