A local service centre who specializes in tires, is currently looking to hire a full time Tire Technician to join their team of professional Technicians at their busy shop.
- Inspect and diagnose problems with tires, rims and wheels
- Repair and balance tires
- Rotate tires to different positions on vehicles using hand tools
- Seal punctures in tubeless tires by inserting adhesive material and expanding rubber plugs into punctures using hand tools
- Separate tubed tires from wheels using rubber mallets and metal bars, or mechanical tire changers
- Replace and/or repair defective components
- Glue boots (tire patches) over ruptures in tire casings using rubber cement
- Hammer required counterweights onto rims of wheels
- Inflate inner tubes and immerse in water to locate leaks
- Inspect tire casings for defects, such as holes and tears
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects
- Mounting and dismounting tires and wheel assemblies; repair flat tires on passenger and light trucks and trailers, farm equipment, industrial and construction equipment
- Clean shop
- Receive inventory; pick-up and deliver product
- Assist mechanics and perform other duties as required
- Steel toe boots
- Able to work with others as well as unsupervised in a fast-paced environment
- Heavy lifting
- Valid ‘G’ driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Some garage experience is an asset, but not required
Training will be provided.
A criminal background check is required at a cost of $26 for a successful applicant.
A physical assessment is also required and is paid for by the company. The hiring process can take up to 2 weeks.