A local, printing materials company, is looking to fill the full time position of Warehouse Shipper/Receiver from Monday to Friday 8 am – 4 pm or 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. We are looking for a reliable individual who has experience in various aspects of warehousing and procedures.
- Prepare stock and arrange for the shipping of materials with various carriers
- Prepare appropriate paperwork for shipping (bills of lading, customs forms)
- Inspect and verify shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off; reject damaged goods
- Receive credit-return material, verify quantity and place back in stock
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Provide feedback to management regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
- Notify manager of any cases of missing documentation, shipments, or deliveries
- Oversee cargo handling and secure loads in accordance with established safety requirements
- Always adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment
- Receive and label stock items and ensure they are placed in correct storage location
- Report any discrepancies in inventory to management
- Operate lifting devices such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, and lifting devices
- Maintain cleanliness in the shipping and receiving areas
- Other duties as required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze needs as well as the impact, and execute tasks
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be functionally literate (able to read, write and speak English fluently)
- Possess ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Computer literacy (mandatory)
- Available to work Monday to Friday 8 am - 4 pm or 9:30 am - 5:30 pm when required
- Assist with inventory counts
- Be physically fit/able to lift 50lbs.
- Experience operating mobile/lifting equipment for order picking
- Forklift license is considered an asset
- Three years of related warehousing experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Demonstrated time management skills
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
Please note: This is a very physically demanding position requiring you to work mainly by yourself and moving materials up to 50lbs.
Accommodations are available on request for individuals with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.