Each and every day 11,000 Sienna Senior Living team members wake up with a common sense of purpose: to enrich the lives of residents, a desire that in turn enriches their own lives. Our team members know they’ve made a difference at the end of each day; they know their actions have helped others feel better than they thought possible.
The Guest Attendant is accountable for the provision of hospitality style dining services, support with activities of daily living and housekeeping services as assigned utilizing customer service principles that strive to provide exceptional service at all times.
- Answers all resident call bells and door alarms promptly and provides courteous service
- Completes all aspects of resident care as outlined in the plan of care and care assignment
- Transports residents to and from their rooms, recreational activities, health office and dining room as required
- Completes laundry and housekeeping duties as outlined by assignments
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, residents' families and reports any concerns /complaints to the supervisor
- Practices safe food handling techniques throughout all aspects of food preparation and service
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Personal Support Worker Certificate is preferred
- Minimum of six months of experience in a similar role
- Current First Aid/CPR training
- Excellent command of the verbal and written English language skills
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Who We Are
Our more than 11,000 dedicated team members are passionate about caring for older people and are united by a belief in the warmth of human connection. We are one of Canada’s largest owners and operators of seniors’ living, with 54 high-quality seniors’ residences in Ontario and British Columbia comprising independent living, assisted living, long-term care and specialized programs and services for seniors.
Our aim is to consistently create a positive resident experience, along with a high-performing team and workplace culture that are driven by shared values and a commitment to innovation and excellence. As leaders in the sector, we leverage technology and best practices to constantly set new benchmarks for quality. At the same time, we never lose sight of our vision—to awaken our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters.
Sienna Senior Living is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:SIA).