Grimsby Public Library
Nestled between the southern shores of Lake Ontario and the beautiful Niagara escarpment, Grimsby is a friendly and welcoming community of 28,000. The Grimsby Public Library seeks an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to develop and deliver programs for preschool and school-aged children. The incumbent will champion literacy by introducing children and their families to the library through programs and special events that generate an interest in reading. The successful candidate will liaise with local schools and community groups to introduce the library on site and in outreach settings. This position will expand and reshape how the library interacts with the community by trying out new ideas and methods of reaching the public. Maximum of 35 hours per week. Shifts include evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of dynamic and innovative library services for children and families
- Designs, organizes, delivers and evaluates programming and outreach
- Plans special events such as fun fairs, presentations and concerts
- Uses fundraising to support special events, summer reading incentives and programming
- Collection development for Children’s Department
- Uses demographics and other data in the evaluation and delivery of programming and outreach services
- Prepares promotional materials to advertise programming and events
- Develops and nurtures relationships and partnerships within the community to promote library services
- Provides excellent customer service at service delivery points
- Actively promotes the inclusion of emerging technologies in the delivery of service
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary diploma/certificate in a discipline related to the position
- 3 years’ experience developing and delivering programming and outreach for children
- Previous experience working in a public library setting is an asset
- Understanding of new methods of service delivery needed
- Experience in developing and coordinating projects needed
- Experience in securing funding for programming, special projects and events an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ILS is an asset
A valid Ontario Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required
Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume no later than Tuesday October 9, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Kathryn Drury, CEO and Chief Librarian
Grimsby Public Library
18 Carnegie Lane
The Grimsby Public Library thanks all individuals for applying. Only selected candidates will be contacted to participate in the interview process. Otherwise, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
Grimsby Public Library is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.